Monday, March 15, 2010

Diving In


TA DA!
Well, after many months of procratinating, pondering and fear, I've finally decided to become a blogger.

Shambora Studios has actually been around for over 13 years and has worn many, MANY faces. As time and life has revolved around me, so has my art. I've worked in several mediums including mosaics, clay, painted furniture, floor cloths, handbags, more painted furniture, baking, garden ceramics, printing, sewing and...good grief.

For the last 8 years my studio primarily sold at juried art fairs across Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Michigan. While I loved participating in these fairs and met many wonderful people along the way, I found myself bored and uninspired after 3 years or so. It was difficult for me to focus on creating one particular item over and over.

What I've realized is this...I LOVE TO CREATE! I need to create. This world needs art and creative people. So, off I go. Looking for inspiration and new ideas to share with you. I hope you will ride along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!!