Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well, it's been two weeks...I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing.  I don't even know if anyone is looking!  Must...keep...going...

So, we have spent the last three years now dealing with LOTS of stress, turmoil, sadness and unfortunate, ugly situations.  My creativity has been squashed.  My spirit has felt like it was flushed down a toilet. It's true what they say, stress affects everything about one's soul, body and personality.  We are close to resolution on many fronts, but the light at the end of the tunnel still seems unreachable for some reason...or at least it feels that way.  All things aside, this spring brings many things...renewal, reinventing, rethinkinking, reprioritizing; both on the home front and on the business front.  I'm starting new with Shambora Studios and have been really struggling with what I'm all about! 

My friends and I joke often that I'm a "scizophrenic artist". I love creating all sorts of things!  I have jumped from ceramics to mosaics to painting floorcloths to sewing handbags and to creating various home accessories.  My creative personalities alternate from Vintage...

                                                          to Shabby Chic

to French Country


to Cottage

to Old Fashioned Farmhouse. 


Sometime I am drawn to color...
often times I'm drawn to relaxed neutrals in creams and white...



For years I have forced my focus to be on what I thought trends were or what would sell.  That's what you are "taught" when you have a retail background.  What I've decided is that I need to focus on what comes naturally.  Stick to my instincts and follow my intuition!!!  Maybe I am cracking up after all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!!