Sunday, November 21, 2010

Do-Over


Sooooo.  It's been a while.  Let's try this again!

In the springtime I decided to start a blog.  Just what I needed...MORE TO DO!  Several friends have suggested it, and I'm now following so many wonderful blogs that I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Well...summer took off, and lots of things changed around here both personally and professionally.

I jumped back into the creative world and working for myself.  I know...crazy thing to do in this economy.  Well, I determined that creating my own job was really the best thing to do and I'm sooo glad I did it!  I started out with a few small local shows which were, unfortunately, not good.  However, connections happened and all of a sudden I was in full swing with French Markets and Vintage shows in the Chicagoland area almost every weekend!  Thus, blogging and website activity came to a halt!

I'm a little better organized now, and with shows coming to an end for a bit I thought I would get back to blogland and to doing a better job of promoting myself and my business. 

Lovely Holiday Shows
The last two weekends I was lucky enough to participate in two wonderful Holiday markets, Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom and the French Hens Holiday Market in Illinois!

My booth was cozy but I was very happy with how it turned out!
The music wreaths, decorated vintage skates and sleds all sold!

I met some wonderful artists, including some new friends from Dubuque Iowa who own a lovely antique shop called Willows.  Check them out if you are ever in their neck of the woods! (sorry, they don't have a website!) 
You also MUST check out Emerson Creen Pottery and Tearoom in Oswego, Illinois.

Owners Chris and Dave could not have been more gracious and kind!  The setting was lovely, the food from their tearoom was amazing!  They have worked extremely hard refurbishing the barn this year and were just married there two weekends ago!  You can view a slideshow of their event at their website.
 
This past weekend I participated in the Three French Hens Holiday Market in Morris, Illinois.  I set up at their outdoor markets this past summer, and the Holiday market was just as wonderful!
I sold several pieces from my new jewelry line, along with more of my sheet music wreaths, skates and other home decor items.

Ellaevintage.com (coming soon!)
I loved this dress form!  It was handmade by Lara McDonald of Ella E. Inspired Vintage.  It is made of all eco-friendly materials and was so adorable!
Chickadee Chicks Designs
These fun Holiday Tophat Tree Toppers were a huge hit!  Amy and Christine almost sold out Friday night!
 
Gypsy Girl

This adorable young lady is Shaylee.  Her mom owns Gypsy Girl and they make super cute hair accessories and adornments.  Too cute!
 
Eclectique
Plano, Illinois
Ecletique (love the name!) is a green boutique and book exchange in Plano Illinois.  The wire form and scarf was so pretty.  Loved everything in the booth!
 
Whimsy Boutique

Ruby Begonias

Last but certainly NOT least was the amazing booth put together by the French Hens themselves!  Traci and Monica did an amazing job organizing the show and their booth was beautiful.  These pictures do not do them justice AT ALL, but I had a hard time getting any shots at all because they were packed with happy customers all weekend!  It is most definetely worth the trip to Morris, Illinois to visit these lovely shops! 
 
Thanks for visiting!
Bonne Nuit!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!! We were so lucky to have you at our show! Great blog...keep up the good work!
    xx
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!!